Product design typically means the process of a powerful generation and evolution of ideas which results in the New Invention. Individuals who are engaged in product design conceptualize certain ideas and make them tangible by inventing new products through a systematic approach. Today, there are several digital tools that enable these industrial designers to speak, conceptualize, and then evaluate concepts in a much easier and quicker way. Although product design and industrial design are frequently used interchangeably, it basically refers to the process which helps attribute an artistic form and function in any craft design when mass manufacture of goods occur.
Steps Associated with Product Design:
* First analyze the issue on hand without considering the solutions. Documenting the thing is the best way to get right down to designing a remedy because of it.
* Jot down all the requirements necessary for creating a product. These may are the retail price, the object size, highlights of the item involved (like whether it must be waterproof or whether it requires to have batteries to operate, etc). This list helps the industrial designers to produce new suggestions for the products.
* Brainstorming session follows in which the ideas are sketched out and elaborated upon. The drawings may not be perfect. These are generally only made to investigate the designs for any flaws. The industrial designers at this stage interact with their customers to go over ideas and you may not sign an agreement with them for such services rendered.
* When a great idea evolves, you have to discuss it in details using the How To Patent Ideas. The industrial designers usually create a three-dimensional design on computers which shows the design in details. At this point, the concept is either accepted or rejected.
* After the concept has been finalized, the industrial designers next create three-dimensional models of all component parts, elaborate on design problems, make drawings for assembly of every part, and locate suppliers for your purchased components.
* Finally, the item design is subjected to testing where product might be sent to few clients for feedback or even to a laboratory for professional testing. Ideally, those not an element of the process should have to test the merchandise to render a neutral opinion.
* In the long run, the design and style once approved is sent for manufacturing in facilities based on your industrial designers.
Industrial design is actually a combination of applied art and sciences where the usability of products, ergonomics of using them, along with their aesthetics may be enhanced to improve sales. The industrial designers attempt to create and execute solutions for marketing and brand-development purposes by working on the form and usability of certain products. Once you design a new invention, it is an eureka moment of all time because it is perhaps the most ingenious and rewarding ways to generate money. Designing inventions mean choosing a niche or discovering a requirement – coming up with something to help make human lives better and qualitatively superior. Product design companies are here because of this to transform something like an abstract notion in to a real item to be used. This prototype next gets designed through industrial design processes to really make it both durable and logical.
An invention could only be patented if this doesn’t contain any area of the previously patented technology and meet certain uniqueness standards. To discover in case your invention is already known or not, prior art search is conducted. The innovator can do prior art explore his/her very own, or hire an expert for this purpose.
What is prior art search?
Prior art search can be defined as collecting information about the technologies associated with the invention. It’s main objective would be to know whether or not the invention is patentable or otherwise. Types of prior art search include previous patents, filed patents, scientific reports, research papers, textbooks, newspapers, journals, and internet publications. There wcbmfa many inventions that are never used in products and services, and those ought to be considered through the New Ideas For Inventions. On the internet, a variety of tools can be found that can help you conduct a competent prior art search.
Prior art search can provide information about previous inventions inside the field, new goods and services, etc. It prevents reinventing the already existing inventions. Using this, the R & D department can know the already existing technologies, while focusing the activities, processes, and tasks to innovate them or investigate the new ones.
Understand the market well before conducting prior art search
The primary objective is to obtain the invention patented with broadest possible claims. Prior art search collects existing knowledge within the fields that are part of the invention. But, this may not be enough. You ought to understand the market and firms that are already working on the technologies the invention is based, which can help in choosing the right areas for R & D.
Patent filing is a broad process, along with a little wrong move can convert into a big mistake. Thus, from likely to execution, every step should be put wisely. Prior to going for prior art search, it is important to understand the markets where the invention can bring revolution in, current market trends to concentrate on, activities of competitors, etc. Each one of these details can be found through consumer research. Thus, it is suggested to conduct a market research first to find out the technologies trending available in the market.